[filmscanners] Re: LCD vs CRT for image editing

Paul,

This subject is discussed regularly in the Colour Management forum on
Rob Galbraith's site:
http://forums.robgalbraith.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB3 A search
will unearth vast amounts of information.

My short summary of all I've read: the purists still prefer the Sony
Artisan (which is not produced anymore), but the latest crop of LCDs
does very well indeed, although at a higher price than similar CRTs.

As for myself, I'm very happy with my Eizo Flexscan L568 (17"). It's not
the top of the line, but I do manage to get a great monitor to print
match (using an Optix XR calibrator and Solux light), which is what it's
all about. I wish I had the funds to buy a bigger one, though.
Preferably 20", as that's where the higher resolutions start.

Hope this helps,

Simon