[filmscanners] Re: HP PhotsSmart - questions

I think I knew what you meant, but the lens MUST be coated on any
surface that is in contact with air, front or rear, to be effective.  In
fact, the front surface is the most important as that is where the light
is coming from.  It is unlikely that you'd coat part of a lens and not
the front.

Mr. Bill