[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid 120 opinions

Laurie Solomon wrote:

>I would also be interested in locating and re-establishing contact with
>David - especially concerning the Polaroid Film Recorder that I have and
>how one might get or create new lookup files for it that are dedicated
>to handling today's batch of films.  However, I think that he dropped
>out of sight deliberately after leaving Polaroid.  My impression was
>that he was getting sort of feed up with Polaroid's policies and
>practices vis-à-vis its customers and employees.

I've two of the Polaroid 7000 film recorders (I'm a 3D photographer, I
do things
in matched pairs).  Although I find it's older Provia profile
to be "adequate" with Provia 100F, I'm in the process of tweaking it a
tiny bit.  May
"work" on other films if I find a need for it.

Although there are more than one way to "work" on the profiles, one way is
to use the 'CFR Film Table Commander' software (www.cfrfilmtables.com).
It's only appropriate for those two Polaroid model families, but
provides ways
of fully manipulating the profiles, and provides a method to at least
provide neutral
neutrals at various brightness levels.  It can be downloaded and
"played" with
for free.  That version just doesn't save files :-(.

If your Polaroid Film Recorder is of either the 7000 or 8000 series  and
you don't
already "belong", you might think about joining the Yahoo group for
7k/8K polaroid
film recorders.  A generally quiet group, but it does have "bursts"
whenever someone
starts something.  That group's name is "FilmRecorders" .

Mike K.