[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS-30 -- strange behavoir

Peter Marquis-Kyle wrote:

>  I'm annoyed to find it now produces files with a weird
> waviness. See the effect here:
> http://www.marquis-kyle.com.au/mt/000689.htm

Throw it back at the service technician, it clearly hasn't been tested or
repaired as properly as they stated. Unless there's a transit screw done up
somewhere still :)

I'd hazard a guess that something has not been done up properly or a cable
dressed incorrectly, which is causing uneven movement of the film stage.
However, do try it with Vuescan if you aren't using that already, as it
uses different SCSI commands to NS to eliminate the fringing problems often
seen in the LS30 due to mechanical resonance. I doubt it will fix the
problem, but a change to the waviness will tend to confirm a mechanical
glitch rather than driver or electronics.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk