[filmscanners] Re: Archiving???!!!

Brad and others,

Your expereince points to a tip I have heard elsewhere - keep your older
CD drive on hand to read old discs. I did so and am very thankful I did.
I have about 20 archived discs at work that our new computers will not
read. I am in the process of recopying them to new discs. I read them on
the old drive and burn new discs on the newer drives so that I can
access them as needed. I think this may become a common task. The
information from you, Art, and others may help in makeing the new copies
more reliable and useable in the future.

Jim Couch