[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid Sprintscan Problem - Fixes or new scanner?

I had the same problem with my Sprintscan 120 for quite a while and
while it lasted it was maddening.  Often I could get the computer to
recognize the scanner by disconnecting and reconnecting the Firewire
attachment.  Sometimes starting and restarting the computer did the
trick.  Finally a tech guy told me to try doing a "Repair Disc
Permissions" operation in Disk Utility.  That (knock on wood) seems to
have fixed the problem.  I assume that you are using the Polaroid
software (as versus Silverfast, which itself tends to cause problems)
and that you have downloaded the latest version of the Polaroid
software to keep the scanner current with the latest Mac OS.  Good
luck.  Bard