[filmscanners] Re: Neat Image with Nikon scanners?

I scan by LS-40.
Since NI evaluation and purchase I found one a little bit more
effective for grain smoothing then the GEM. Slightly smoother
performance and a touch less impact on sharpness.
However, if detail sharpness is critical, it may still have certain
impact on one. I figured for my uses NI is most appropriate for
portraiture to smooth out less then perfect skin appearance and
smoothign the grain in the background (especially when it is a single
toned area such as sky). Certainly, there is a small impact to
sharpness if you would examine very closely, but very bearable for
portraiture and
easily compensated by a touch of USM.
It takes time or processing and 100% of CPU resources, not the speed
king (having said that I have yet upgraded to a newest version), but
when needed producec stunning results (especially for women's eyes :-)
).

Regards, Alex