[filmscanners] Re: Off scanners- Monitors

Brad Davis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm aware that this is about scanners, but sometime ago, there were some
>comments regarding monitors.  I have suddenly found that I am in need of a
>new one (black is now a dark gray).  I recall some comment that LCD flat
>screens were not ready for  prime time - but I am not sure why.

The LCD's I saw were too blurry for photographic work.  I got a Samsung
SyncMaster 955DF CRT with
my white box from Micro Express.  It has a 19 (or 20?) inch flat screen
with a .20 mm dot pitch -- very
sharp.  It's very likely a cheap monitor -- you might consider it.

Pat Cullinan, J r.
New York