[filmscanners] RE: 120 film scanners - which to get?

Tomek,

> I'm a bit dissappointed by the number of comments as I thought that more
> people would be able to give an advice on what the options are for MF film
> quality scanning at the price of about 1000-1200 $.

If you are a bit technically inclined, I would highly recommend a
Leafscan45.  For color, it is slower than current scanners, as it is a three
pass scanner, but for B&W, it has a true B&W mode (does not scan B&W in RGB)
and is as fast as a modern scanner, and IMO gives superior results.  The
software is spartan, but complete and will allow you to get exceptional
scans with no (IMO unnecessary) frills.  It handles any format up to 4x5
that you can get a Beseler 45 holder for, and has a very superb set of
rotating film holders.  If you are interested, I can tell you more.

If you scan mostly B&W, it's really a good option, given the quality of the
scans and the format flexibility.  For color, as I said, though it gives
exceptional scans, it can be slow.

Regards,

Austin