[filmscanners] Re: Newbie intro.

You haven't mentioned what type of film you shot with, (color, B&W,
slide, neg) and how many images you plan to scan, or what condition they
tend to be in (well kept and clean, dusty or scratched, etc.)   Also,
you didn't mention how they will be used (email, web site, prints (what
size), etc. All this will make a difference as to which scanner is most
appropriate.

Konica-Minolta has improved their scanners with each generation, in some
cases considerably, and the price has dropped tremendously along the
way, so sometime s anew one won't cost much more that a used.

The latest version of the Dual Dimage (version IV) sells for something
like $250-300 new, and is a great improvement in quality, resolution and
speed over the early versions.

Film scanners are complex beast and very costly to get repaired, if you
can even find a service facility willing to do so.  Unless the price is
really very good, I would consider buying new in this case.

Art