[filmscanners] Re: Lousy results with Nikon LS-2000 & Kodak Gold200?

On 9/30/04 11:32 AM, "Dieder Bylsma" <scanners@spacemoo.com> wrote:

> Anybody else get tremendously lousy results scanning Kodak Gold 200 (current
> stock) with the LS-2000? Tremendous noise in well exposed pics. Rather
> appalling actually. Enough to make me question the scanner or the film. I'd
> prefer the source of the problem to be the film so... is there film that just
> scans like crud on LED-illuminated scanners such as the Nikon LS series?

I have also had very disappointing results when scannng Gold 200 on an
LS-4000.  To me, it looks like film grain rather than noise from the
scanner.  I don't see nearly as much of it when I scan Portra (160 ISO, if I
remember right).

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>