[filmscanners] Re: Scan Dual IV vs Scan Dual II

Preston,

At one time I had all my color negatives ( and B&W, I use XP2) done at one
hour labs and I spent a lot of time spotting - I don't like the dust removal
programs (I've tried various instances) as it reduces the sharpness of the
image - I already feel that I am not able to truly use the near perfection
of my Contax lenses.

Then, for various reasons, I went to a pro lab for processing and found that
the negatives were nearly clean, much cleaner than what I had been getting.
The spots that I got on my "one hour" processing negs were so small that
they didn't show up on 4X6 prints and I have difficulty seeing them.  They
also seem to be nearly impossible to clean off - as though they are in the
emulsion, rather than dust that has landed on the film.

I don't believe that this problem has to be present at all "one hour"
processors, but I have seen it over and over since I like the idea of being
able to get my film processed more conveniently.  I now take all my film to
a pro lab as I am tired of removing spots.  It seems that at 4000 dpi, the
Polaroid scanner picks up every little thing.

Good luck

-Brad

-To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real
feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to
learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the
language that she speaks in. Richard Feynman  -The Character of Physical Law
-