[filmscanners] Re: Revive this list?!

James L. Sims wrote:
 > WELCOME BACK, ART!!!  I thought you'd died!  At my age it's getting to
 > be a real worry.

Gee Jim,

Thanks... I think ;-)

I'm sure some people may well wish I had... but the rumors of my demise
have been greatly exaggerated (like dust and grain on Nikon scanners?).

Just to be clear, my intention is to irritate everyone else into an
early grave, not to put myself there! ;-)

I'm hurt that no one wrote me a eulogy...

About 20 years ago, I walked into a local camera shop and two people
behind the counter greeted me, ashen faced.  I said hello and asked them
why they looked like they had seen a ghost, at which point they looked
at each other, and finally one decided to answer...  "We heard you had
died..." one of them said.

I replied, "I guess everyone forgot to tell me."

Ultimately, after talking more about it, they realized they had confused
me with another client who had come to an untimely end (someone I did
not know personally).

So, this isn't the first time I've become a legend in my own time. ;-)

Art