[filmscanners] Re: not enough memory?

on 7/11/04 9:57 AM, Bernie Kubiak at bkubs@comcast.net wrote:

> Berry,
>
> I use a PC and from time to time have had problems with the Epson
> 2100/2200 drivers which I've solved simply by deleting then reinstalling
> the driver, downloading it from the Epson site. (Crude but effective).
> The "color managed workflow" instructions that Epson publishes simply
> makes reference to Photoshop (not Elements).  Since things worked before
> you installed the profiles, you may wish to go back to square one and
> see if that makes a difference.
>
> Bernie
>

> Berry Ives wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the responses, although I still have not solved the problem.
>>
>> The 1440dpi is a printer quality, not image file related.  Sorry about the
>> ambiguity.  I usually try to stick to ppi when referring to the image file.
>>
>> I have 18 GB of unused hard drive space, and 180 MB of available RAM over
>> and above what is used by Mac OS 9.1 and PS Elements, the only open
>> application.  Now I will try turning virtual memory on at 990 MB.
>>
>> I get back...have to restart the Mac.
>>
>> Thanks again  ~Berry

> body

I'm not sure what to think about Laurie's info, since the operating system
of a Mac is quite different from PC's.  I think I would need a Mac person
who knows more than I do to read her post and explain.

But I did try re-installing the printer driver and that had no effect.

Thanks again for all the suggestions...I'll think about it some more later.

~Berry