[filmscanners] Re: traffic

Bernie and others,

I just printed an Olympus E1 test image* that was 2560x1920 pixels on my
Epson 2200 printer at print size 12.5 x 16.67" (4/3 aspect ratio original
image, remember) on 13x19" watercolor paper.  At that size, the image is at
154 ppi.  I thought that wouldn't be so great, but you know, it really looks
mighty fine.

Now, I don't think the test image is necessarily the best test for a fine
landscape image, but still, I feel pretty confident that it would be good
enough for my style of image, which is often close-up landscapes.  I don't
work with glossy paper, but that could well be a different story at this
scale of enlargement.

I didn't touch the color or anything else, and it appears to be right on.
Beautiful.

Berry

*The test image was 4 liquor bottles in front of Kodak gray and color patch
scales, with some crayons in the foreground...in case you've seen it.