[filmscanners] RE: 35mm slide mounts for scanning

Those that keep the film chip the flattest would be glass mounts where the
film chip is sandwiched between two pieces of anti-newtonian glass; but
there is always the possibility that (a) it will be too thick for your film
scanner, (b) you will get newtonian rings despite the anti-newtonian glass,
and (c) you will have to be involved with maintenance keeping the two pieces
of glass clean.  However, if that is the route you wish to try, you can look
into Gape slide mounts if they are still in business.  If you wish to avoid
the additional maintenance work of a glass mount, need a thin mount, and
want to avoid the possibility of newtonian rings, then you would be looking
at a glassless mount.  For those, you might check Weiss, which someone else
already mentioned, Loesch in Pa (USA), or Pakon.

Needless to say, I do not know if these manufacturers products are available
in the UK; but they are for the most part in the US.

filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk wrote:
> Mounts that keep the frame as flat as possible.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Tom

---