----- Original Message -----
From: "HPA" <tom@historicphotoarchive.com>

DIFFUSION OF LIGHT SOURCE: The Polaroid uses diffuse light, which minimizes
dust and scratch marks on the base side of the film. The Nikon uses
collimated light and this accentuates dust on the base side.  Of course the
Nikon has the automatic dust removal, however that does not work with
Kodachrome because the film is opaque to IR light.