[filmscanners] Cleaning a Polaroid SS4000

We have a Polaroid SS4000 film scanner which appears to have a lot of dust
on the CCD.  I've already had to use high pressure air to clear the tray
sensor a number of times, but I'm wary of using the same high pressure air
on the CCD itself.  We're talking 10,000 KPa medical compressed air.  Does
anyone have any experience with cleaning the CCD?  The best bet would be
sending it back for maintenance - provided the people who own it want to
pay, since it's out of warranty...

Rob