[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Thu 5 Feb, 2004

As to the question about Nikon scanner reliablity. My LS4000 failed at 13
months, one month after warranty. I got a replacement (refurbished) from Nikon,
and it has since been temperamental, but operative.
Is there a better option? I've asked and am not aware of any.
So far, my Epson 2450 flatbed has been a hell of a lot better value for much
less money, but then it doesn't do slides/negs anywhere like I need.
For the $1500 I paid for the LS4000 about 1.5 years ago, I expected more from
it. It's not dreadful, but it's not as good as my experience with Nikon cameras
and lenses.