[filmscanners] Re: LS-2000 and Kodachrome

A quick comment.

Kodachrome films are unique n their processing, in that they are almost
a dye transfer process.  They start out as black and white films with a
number of extra filtering layers to make the color separations.  The
actual color is added during the processing, with dyes.

What that means is that the colors can be changed as "simply" as using a
different dye solution on one of more of the dye batches.  Although I
don't know how many times such changes occurred, but Kodak changed the
colors in Kodachrome man times in its lifespan.  Profiling will
certainly help accuracy, but be prepared for variations based upon age,
fade, and more importantly dye lot and Kodak's specs at the time.

Art