[filmscanners] RE: Better DOF than Nikon?

> From: Peter Marquis-Kyle
>
> You might consider using a Canon FD Auto Bellows with the slide
> duplicator accessory and, say, a 50mm macro lens. This would make the
> business of framing, magnification and focus straightforward.
>
> (If you were in Australia I'd lend this gear to you...)
>
> You'd need the FD-EOS Macro Lens Mount Converter to attach your 10D,
> and probably a strobe for illumination.
>
> Something to consider...

Hmmmm. I just asked about this in the Canon 10D list, so it's serendipitous
that you'd suggest this here.

So this is all stuff that Canon makes? Could this work with the regular 50mm
f1.8 lens? It focuses down to 450mm, while the macro lens focuses to 230mm.

As to illumination, I was thinking of yanking the lens out of my projector,
and pointing the camera into the hole, stopping way down for the DOF. It
might require a ND filter if the light's too bright. That would make it
really easy to step through a bunch of slides.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco