[filmscanners] Re: Better DOF than Nikon?

Paul sent me a couple of his "cooked" slides to test with a few scanner
for him.  I too thought these could by flattened by all the usual
methods, such as those you state below, until I saw them!  Warped is a
kind word.  These mounts are charcoal broiled, and the base layer of the
film frames is literally melted.  There is no method that would truly
flatten these other than perhaps two well clamped down pieces of thick
glass.

They are painful to look at!

Art