[filmscanners] Re: Better DOF than Nikon?

Well, that's hard to say without knowing the extent of the ripples and
which model scanner you are considering.

How much distance are we speaking about between the upper most and
deepest ripple?  Are we speaking of potato chip ripples or what? ;-)

I have a Minolta Dimage Dual II and a Polaroid SS 4000+, and if you give
me some dimensions, I can try to replicate it and see what they can do
with it.  Also, have you tried to remount the slides to see if they can
be made to lie more flat?

Art