From: "Dieder Bylsma" <scanners@spacemoo.com>
To: <tony.schick@adelaide.on.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 5:18 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] suggestions for scanning single frame 110 format?

I have come across a collection of 20 or so single frame clippings
from the old 110 film format.

I'm stuck scratching my head trying to figure out how to scan them
with any sort of scanner. It all boils down to size of the frame
(tiny) and also the inherent curl across the negative which causes it
to bow nicely.

Can't do it with the Nikon film scanner because the curl exceeds its
depth of field.

can't do it with glass slide holders because I get really nasty newton
rings.

can't do it with anti-newton ring slide holders because the
anti-newton device results in an even more grainy result that looks
like the scanner was covered with sand when it was scanning.

any suggestions as to how I could deal with this?

I'm thinking either a way to flatten the acetate base of the film
(how would I do that) or to somehow sandwich it in a way that causes
it to go flat w/o newton rings. But I'm still at a loss for any
practical plans.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dieder