[filmscanners] re: About cleansing

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] re: About cleansing
  • From: "Rob Geraghty" <robg@wordweb.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:26:43 +1000

Guido wrote:
>Three questions:
>- what do you use to clean films (colour slides and b/w) before scanning?

A Kinetronics Staticwisk brush, unless the film is mouldy or has
fingerprints - in which case I use PEC12.  Compressed air can be effective
but I don't have an affordable setup to use air - canned air is too
expensive and tends to cause too much condensation.  Someone suggested I use
my diving gear - but while I have regs I don't have a tank.  If I did, I
could follow that suggestion and rig something on one of the spare low
pressure ports on the regs.  From what I've read on the list, most people
use compressed air by preference and only resort to things like PEC12 when
necessary.

Rob