[filmscanners] Re: Bored and Listless? (was RE: tantrums)

I found the 8 vs. 16 interesting and educational. Usually you can tell in the
first three
lines whether anyone has any actual information or not. Unlike most other
forums, here even
the arrogant flamers usually have some valid information to add. And there IS
new ground to
cover--recent new hardware like the Minolta 5400 and Epson 3200 give us a shot
at a level
of quality previously beyond most of our budgets, so there may well be new
issues to
discuss. And plummeting older drumscanner prices will probably lead to a few of
them coming
soon to a spare bedroom near you. That's a really different world--buying a
drumscanner
brings up whole new issues like fluid mounting, parts availability, and
probably alimony
too. So the list may not be what it was five years ago (wouldn't know, wasn't
here) but it
still definitely has a reason to exist.