[filmscanners] Re: Canon A70

There are a number of semi-valid reasons that a posting of this nature
(regarding digital cameras) show up in this list.

1) The person is a regular reader of this list, and knows that other
readers or participants here have use of or are knowledgeable in this
area, or he respects the opinions of people here, whom, as film scanner
users may tend to be more discerning about digital cameras as well.

2) The person recognizes that there are similarities in the technology
of digital cameras and film scanners.

3) As I recently mentioned in another posting, many film scanners users
are turning to digital cameras to circumvent the need to go from film to
digital via a film scanner for newly acquired images.

4) Digital cameras have come up numerous times in recent months as a
topic of discussion here, and it would appear many of the regular
participants of this group have opinions, interest, personal experience
with them and don't seem put off by those discussions.

5) It's not exactly like this group is so fleshed out with filmscanner
discussions of late that it makes a huge difference in traffic if a few
digital camera questions come up.

Art