[filmscanners] Re: 2 vuescan questions (White Point)

Hi!

White point is percentage of bright points clipped. It's useful to decide
wether you want to have details in bright parts of the image. Setting WP to
zero gives dull highlights.

I think that setting WP to around 1% does increase exposure, giving more
details in the dark parts of the picture. This stuff is probably most
interesting with slides, which may have a density range exeeeding the range
of the scanner.

Generic advice:

Normally 0.5% - 1% is OK
For dramatic clouds set to zero, and use curves in PhotoShop
For washed out highlights set to 10%

Erik

--
Erik Kaffehr                erik.kaffehr@swipnet.se alt. ekr@ksu.se
Mariebergsvägen 53          +46 155 219338 (home)