[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Thu 18 Sep, 2003

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Thu 18 Sep, 2003
  • From: "" <SDviewpnt@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:18:26 EDT

Hi Tony,

I've hung in there about as long as I can.  This list has disintegrated to
the point that for every one thing I learn, I must endure the endless atom
splitting, word parsing, "Nth degree" discussion and clutter that egos bring.
Then
comes the "I'm right, you're an idiot" tone and it goes downhill from there.
There are some smart people on this list.  Just ask them.

This is human nature, I suppose, as many lists have had a similar fate.  I
belong to a number of lists but none reaches this level of pontificating
discourse.

Another e-group to which I subscribe is on the Morgan sports car.  It has
over 800 members internationally, a lot of them very active and is chock full of
very knowledgeable people who want to share their wisdom and do so with humor,
civility and respect.  There is no such thing as a stupid question and the
"community" is the better for it.

The level of expertise of all things Morgan is exceeded only by their broad
experience in many other things.  One dimensional they are not.  Spirited,
lively discussion and debate is the norm, but done in a way that perpetuates
it's
existence.  It's grown from day one for the last two years.

Your original concept was much appreciated.  You've always been fair and a
gentleman and your skills as a photographer and a caring moderator are tops.
It's too bad that the list has not been the same to you.

I'll be unsubscribing (a separate request will be made).  Should this
essential topical listserv ever find it's way out of it's egocentricity, please
let
me know.  I'd like to continue getting good information without the dysfunction.

Best Regards,
Steve Dreiseszun