From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Les Berkley
Sent: Tuesday, 2 September 2003 9:23 a.m.
To: robsuisted@naturespic.com
Subject: [filmscanners] LS-2000 Dead

Hello!

My trusty LS-2000 appears to have given up the proverbial ghost. At
power-on, it makes a high-pitched hum (very different from the usual turn-on
sound), the LED flashes rapidly and then lights steadily, but the scanner
will not function. It sounds to me as if the sled, or the train which drives
it, is stuck.

Anyone know what the repair cost is on one of these? Is replacement a better
option? If the latter, any thoughts on the best unit to replace it?

TIA,
Les