[filmscanners] RE: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 31 Aug, 2003

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 31 Aug, 2003
  • From: "Ira Solomon" <isolomon@solomonltd.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:19:37 -0400

In regard to the comment about deteriorating open reel tape.

If you wish your tapes (all formats) to last and be playable you should
Fast-Forward and then Rewind them at least once a year.  This prevents
excessive print thru.
Even if your tapes are kept in optimum conditions of temperature and
humidity to avoid particle shedding, print thru will make them unusable
if the above is not done.

Good Luck
Ira Solomon