[filmscanners] RE: Bad News on CD longevity

???? What am I missing? The next format is DVD and it is already here.
The next format will always overlap the previous format, and with each
generation we will be handling fewer disks because the capacity will be
increasing almost an order of magnitude with each generation. In the not
to distant future we will be able to archive 100,000 100 Mbyte images on
a single disk. Then we can just make one copy every year and never worry
about life expectancy again. Ain't the future grand?

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net