[filmscanners] VueScan/SS4000/Portra 400UC problem "solved"

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] VueScan/SS4000/Portra 400UC problem "solved"
  • From: "Frank Paris" <frankparis@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:33:45 -0700

A few weeks ago I reported a problem I was having with the combination
of VueScan, the SS4000 and Kodak Portra 400UC. I reported that 75% of
the time I got a great, contrasty preview but that 25% of the time I got
a very low contrast preview that I could never get quite right in
Photoshop. After some experimenting, I determined that when I got the
low contrast preview, all I had to do to correct the problem was to quit
and restart VueScan. I wonder if some aspect of my tired old SS4000 is
is going out of whack and when I restart VueScan it resets the SS4000
back to an initial state from which it behaves properly again? I do not
have to power cycle the SS4000.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net