[filmscanners] Re: Spam Alert: RE: OT - Interesting story on privacy...orlack thereof!

Tim Atherton wrote:
>>http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030707&s=engle
>>
>>Personally, I think this is deplorable...
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Austin
>

> Holy  s**t - I picked this up in my Austin filter - and... I agree..... I
> think I'm going to have a dizzy spell now... :-)

If that makes you dizzy, when Ebay was a little younger than they are now,
*everybody* had access to what police can now get by fax.  User names
were your email address.  If you were a registered user, you could ask and
get other folk's name, address, and phone number to contact them with
(there were some strings attached).

And even now, you can do a seach to see what some other user has purchased
recently -- or seller sold recently.  You can see what others have
bids on.  If you care.

If you look at someone's feedback, you also can see their purchasing
pattern there as well.  Open to the public w/o even a court order!

Mike