[filmscanners] RE: SS4000 "blown out" yellows and no blue information; where is my problem?

> From: snsok@cox.net
>
> I made various scans with both VueScan 7.5 which I own and 7.6
> demo. I also
> tried changing between neutral, autolevels and white balance for the Color
> Balance setting. Unfortunately you can't get to all the options
> on the demo.
> That part I could only do with Vuescan 7.5
> Looking at the R, G and B channels, I just don't think there's enough
> information there to work with. The R channel is virtually white, the G
> nearly white and the B is black--as predicted by the info numbers. I tried
> some channel mixing on a luminosity-blended layer and couldn't bring out
> useable detail that way.

Don't worry so much about the blue being zero. Try to pull the reds down off
255. That's probably where the detail is. If there isn't an exposure control
in the scanner software, is there a contrast control that you can back off?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco