[filmscanners] Re: Calibration and color profiles

Hi Ron,

> As you probably have figured out by now, I don't have a firm grasp yet of
> color theory and the littlecms software may be a little beyond my ability to
> use. It seems to be for programers, and I know almost nothing about
> programing. So if you could elaborate a little on what this software could
> do for someone not well versed in programming, I'd appreciate it.
>>http://www.littlecms.com/

littlems does not need any programming, just download the windows
version and follow the instructions in the manual.txt file (use wordpad
to read it, not notepad).

Like other tools mentioned here, there is a basic monitor setup included
that does not need calibration hardware.

For your scanner, get some targets from Faust (coloraid.de), and use
vuescan. That improoved the color quality quite a bit for me (it removed
a reddish cast compared to the vuescan built in profile).

cheers
afx

--
Andreas Siegert