From: "Robert Meier"
Subject: [filmscanners] CanoScan 9900F

Hello All,

I am planning to buy a flatbed scanner for the main purpose of scanning
pictures, documents, etc. Besides that I have also some medium format
negatives in very good shape and ~20 year old 35mm negatives in fairly bad
shape that I want to scan in. I already have a Polaroid S4000 but don't want
to spend days cleaning up these 35mm negatives. So I was looking for a
flatbed scanner that has ICE and can do all of the above. I found the
Mikrotek 6800 but ICE does not work for transparencies. The only other
flatbed scanner I found is the CanoScan 9900F which has FARE2. How does
FARE2 compare to ICE3? Does anybody have experience with the 9900F? How well
does the color restoration work? Does color restoration come standard or is
that an option?

Thanks,

Rob