[filmscanners] Re: Noise in Polaroid SS 4000 scans

I do not believe dust on the mirror would cause this defect from the
detail version from the website.

It looks like grain to me, not noise.

One project I do regularly requires relatively small final images,
similar in most case to 4 x 6" prints.  I scan these at 2000 dpi all the
time and sharpen them considerably when I need extra detail, and they
come out fine. I do this to save scanning time and file size.

Art