[filmscanners] RE: Re:digitising slides

Jack, I think in answering the quetions I asked, you have furnished both a
sense of the fact that the methods you outline are by no means a turnkey
operation that can be accomplished without involving some thought and effort
and a useful detailed description of some of the internal steps and
procedures in the method which were originally glossed over.  Thus, I think
that this discussion has been very fruitful in providing reference
information on the subject; and I thank you for engaging me in the
conversation.

>I guess my enthusiasm for our products does get a little tiresome for the
list members.

Yes I understand; but you are right.  It does get a little tiresome to
listmembers who may feel like they are getting hit over the head with the
products in response to every question they ask that you respond to.  I have
purchased one of your plug-ins, Digital SHO and tried the other two; I find
that for certain occassions they are or may be useful.  However, I
frequently have to wonder if they are as useful for as many things as you
suggest in some of your posts or if it is just that I do not have the
expertise to use them for those purposes in order to obtain the results you
claim for them.  My main grip is that it APPEARS as if you never reply to
any posts where your products canot be related to the issue.

I think by not responding to more general posts with more general
non-product specific recommendations, you may be harming your own
credibility as a correspondent since many may dismiss your posts once they
see your name without reading them because they think it may be just another
plug for the product.  I do hope this latter comment is not taken as a slam
since it is only meant as friendly constructive criticism. Certainly, your
work in the industry and familiarity with things related to scanning and
digitial imaging which comes from promoting your products should qualify you
to be able to offer more generic advice on subjests not related to your
products which would be of value to all.