[filmscanners] Re: Focusing on SS4000

I've always had a bit of intermittent focus trouble with the 4000+

Most of the time, focus is dead on, but sometimes, it just does not want to
focus......only true with polacolor and silverfast (silverfast shares the
same polaroid focus software)........it seems that on certain images, it
just loses it. Seems to happen more with provia and film materials with
little or no grain. That said, vuescan ALWAYS returns a sharp scan, since it
uses its own focus software.

Not an answer, just venting