[filmscanners] Re: Spam Alert: RE: my XP laptop is driving me crazy

LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:
>>Windows Update checks to see for updates to ALL of your Microsoft based
>
> software.
>
> I guess this is were we disagree.  I have not found that to be the case.  I
> have Outlook 2000, Excel 2000, and Word 97 on my machines with windows XP
> (home edition); they do not update automatically via Windows Update.  I have
> to manually go to the Microsoft Office web site page and download the
> updates.  What you say may be the case if one was using Windows XP Office
> Programs with Windows XP operating system; but it is not so if one is using
> other versions of Windows Office programs.  Hence the ALL is two strong a
> word for your statement.

Nope, I've Office XP Pro on my XP machine.  Just did Office XP updates
yesterday.  There's a separate site to update Office from the one that
updates the OS (for which there is a built-in link, "Windows update").
But I do think the link to the Office updates was on the Windows update
page -- but it has to followed.... :-)

Mike K.

P.S. - Plus, Microsoft has a *LOT* of other software that even those two
        pages don't cover.  They make a large number of products.  I don't
        for instance, think it'd look for updates of my Microsoft keyboard's
        utility programs (driver maybe, but not the utilities).  Or for my
        Microsoft optical mouse. :-)

P.P.S. - I plan to update my laptop to XP one of these daya.  I've had the
          CD's to do it for a year or two (from Dell).