From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Pawlan
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 7:26 AM
To: bkubiak@attbi.com
Subject: [filmscanners] help with opinions on film scanners

Have any of you tried scanning Kodachrome mounted 35mm slides?  I was very
disappointed with my attempts using earlier Nikon coolscan models. Their
focus
system did not work correctly with the Kodachrome emulsion and the color
compensation it always chose was very far off.

Has anyone tried the Minolta DIMAGE scan Elite II  and also the Polaroid
Sprintscan 4000 plus (latest s/w rev) with Kodachrome slides?  Which might
be
better in your opinions and do they focus correctly on Kodachrome?

Jeffrey Pawlan
jpawlan@pawlan.com