[filmscanners] RE: best slide film for scanning

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: best slide film for scanning
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:27:59 -0500

Hello Egon!

If you really like Kodachrome film (needs lots and lots of light), you might
try the latest formulations and try scanning with Digital ICE on and check
out the results. I recommend some fine light detail on a dark field. This is
the very worst case scenario; if you can retain the detail under these
circumstances you should be able to use it anytime.

The newest Kodachromes don't seem to be bothered by Digital ICE, but you
should try them for yourself.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction