[filmscanners] Noise on Canon FS4000US?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Noise on Canon FS4000US?
  • From: "Andreas Siegert" <afx@muc.de>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:32:28 +0200

Hi,

I do see quite a bit of noise on my newly purchased FS4000US.
It is not grain, as it shows up in the dark areas outside the film surface
as well.

Please see the samples at
http://www.muc.de/~afx/Canon-Test/

Is this normal or is my scanner broken?

The vuescan tests I did so far where with the unregistered version only,
would that have any influence here? I assume not, as the registered versions
main advantage seem to be color profiles, unfortunately not for the type of
Fuji film I use ;-(

thanks
afx
--