[filmscanners] Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400

In this new 5400dpi scanner 'Minolta's unique
Grain Dissolver reduces the affect of film grain in the scanned image.' I
wondered if this was a hardware (diffuser) or software. I spoke to Minolta
UK who say it's the variation of the Digital ICE Grain Equalisation Method.
But is this the whole story since the product has digital ICE as standard?

Detail:
http://hh385.hiphip.com/templates/frmTemplateP.asp?CatalogID=1180&Zoom=Yes&S
ubFolderId=780

Chris Street