[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest forFri 4 Apr, 2003

Hey, I just happend to see this message.

Whatever lightsource in a scanner, you must take in account how good the
diffusion of the light is.
That is, in Minolta the cold cathode diffuse bulb is reflected in a mirror,
still having the diffusion of the bulb.
Nikon 8000 has light diodes and a diffuser.
What counts is how diffused light is when it reaches the film!
What cold cathode bulb scanners might miss is a diffuser to control the
diffusion of the light.
Minolta *do have* a diffuse light, but not enought.
That is, they missed a correcting diffuser.

After some heavy experimenting I'm sure in the future we will controlled
diffused light,
because each film has it's own optmal requirment of diffused light.
Not only for B/W, Dia and negative film but also for different types of film
of each cathegory.

May Saddam soon be *totaly* diffused!
Have a nice day!

Sorry for my English!