[filmscanners] Nikon IV ED USB via hub and NikonScan 3.1.2 issues

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Nikon IV ED USB via hub and NikonScan 3.1.2 issues
  • From: "Alex Z" <alexzfoto@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 07:01:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi.
This is for our friends who use their Nikon IV ED (LS-40) scanner with
PC running NikonScan 3.1.2.
I have the scanner hooked up to my PC station (Athlon 2200, 512 MB
DDR)that runs Win XP Pro. So far, if the scanner is connected (USB1.1)
to the PC itself, everything is fine.
However, once I bought new monitor (19" Iyama VisionMaster 454 Pro)
that features built-in 1x4 USB 1.1 hub, I tried to enjoy teh benefit of
teh hub connecting the scanner via one.
What has happened is that the OS recognizes the scanner as it should to
and the NikonScan opens as well recognizing the scanner activated.
The bad thing begins once initilizing preview or scan. At this point
the entire system stacks, the progress window continuously showing the
blue line (processing is being doing). I guess the trouble is happening
once the scanner tried to send blocks of data via the hub.
naturally, I'm killing the application through Sysem Manager and must
to restart teh PC in order to get teh computer to recognize the scanner
again.
On teh other hand, if connected directly to the USB of the PC,
everything is fine working properly.

The friend of mine who is also LS-40 user has similar monitor with teh
hub and happily utilizes the hub for scanner (along other USB devices)
without any troubles (however he is using Win2K OS).
Any ideas ? (using original USb cables doesn't help either).

Alex