[filmscanners] Re: Epson Perfection 3200 vs dedicated filmscanners

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Epson Perfection 3200 vs dedicated filmscanners
  • From: "" <Al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:22:16 +0000

I wrote:

>> In a recent review of the Epson Perfection 3200 scanner, the reviewer stated
>that it
>> was capable of matching (and in some cases beating) the performance of film
>scanners
>> costing 6 times the price

Tony Terlecki replied:

> Sounds like complete nonsense to me. Care to share this review with us?

I spotted it when I was idly flicking through this months Total Digital
Photography in the newsagents.  The reviewer seemed surprised by it's abilities
and said he had to keep repeating the mantra "it's only a fladbed scanner, it's
only a flatbed scanner...."

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a copy of the review on their website
(www.totaldp.com).  It certainly sounds like a cracking scanner but, like you,
I would be surprised if it really can take on the dedicated scanners.  Surely
someone on the list must have tried it!

Al Bond