[filmscanners] Re: HD failure [was RE: keeping the 16bit scans}

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 08:19:58PM -0500, Ed Verkaik wrote:
> > plus a (virtually) unlimited amount of memory to store our email.
>
> We'll need it, if this OT thread is any indication!
>
> If you all want a *real* problem to solve, try figuring out why my XPPro
> 1.3G A7A-266 512ram system is freezing randomly many times a day. (began
> 6mo ago, slowly getting worse, not cpu/mb temp, not software added, not
> standby/hibernate, etc).  It happens more while scanning [scanner
> connection for my post :-)] but also when doing nothing. It's driving me
> nuts!!

I hate those sorts of problems. I've suffered my fair share of them.

Bad memory? Try removing some of your DIMMs in an ordered manner to see if
any of them are troublesome.

Do you have a SCSI bus with equipment on it? Sometimes termination/cable
length can cause seemingly random lockups.

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk