[filmscanners] RE: keeping the 16bit scans; now=HD longevityOT

I turn the monitor off at night and it goes into power save with 2 hours
of disuse.

> It all adds to the burden.  More to the
> point, its unnecessary.  You may have to go to work, you may
> have to use your computer at home, but you don't have to keep
> in on 24/7.  You get little direct advantage from it, and it
> is environmentally impactful.

We should all be mindful of saving energy and we can all choose specific
ways of doing it. But we don't need to be lectured on which specific
ways to choose. I assure you, the amount I save with the techniques I
use far exceed my use of electricity running my computer 24/7.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net